Thursday, June 9, 2011

9/6/2009


Oh man. I went out this morning with Henry and Joe. We were scoring some ~2 lbs bass. Henry and Joe both pull in 3+ pounders. I hiked a little further up the river and perched on a jagged rock upstream. A few minutes later, I thought I hooked a rock till it started pulling to the side. lol. I hooked this fish a long way out and it made for a heck of good battle. Lots of air and yelling. We worked to get to the fish but it paid off. It was a really treacherous landscape. Slick, jagged rocks. I ended the morning with 3 bass.

Here's a quote from a really good friend:
"
Mike,
I heard you holler and I turned when that monster made its first bull run. Its open mouth looked like a whirlpool had formed in the main channel - the difference being that this whirlpool was shaking and pulling. So long as I live, I will never forget that image of the bass exploding out of the calm pool. It was an awesome sight, and I had the perfect view with the sun at my back.
Don;t worry about the pics. I'll send my photos of the fish. They are awesome.
H "

No comments: